One dead, two others injured outside high school football game in Orlando

One person was killed and two others were injured after a shooting outside of an Orlando high school playoff football game on Saturday evening.

After hearing gunshots in a parking lot, Orlando Police Department officers who were working extra duty at the Jones High School vs. Wekiva High School football game responded to the incident on Saturday, November 12, at around 8:22 p.m.

Upon arriving in the parking lot, two adult male victims were located with gunshot wounds.

One of the victims was pronounced deceased at the scene and the other was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Around two hours later, police were notified of an additional victim who self-transported himself to a local hospital after sustaining a gunshot wound.

Authorities say they currently have four juvenile suspects in custody, one of which was found in possession of a firearm. Police believe they have the suspect in custody, but do not know any of the suspects affiliation to either of the schools.

If you have any information that can help police in their investigation, contact the Orlando Police Department at 321-235-5300.

Most Popular

Dave’s Hot Chicken opens second Florida location in Altamonte Springs

A Nashville-style chicken restaurant has expanded its footprint in Central Florida with the opening of its second location.

Missing 5-year-old found dead in pond near home

A 5-year-old boy who wandered away from his home in Lake Nona on Wednesday was found dead in a nearby pond after hours of searching.

Motorcyclist critical, police looking for woman who abruptly stopped on Colonial Drive

Law enforcement authorities are looking for a woman who abruptly stopped her vehicle in the middle of Colonial Drive and caused an accident that left a motorcyclist in critical condition.

Orlando police looking for missing 70-year-old man

The Orlando Police Department is asking the public for help to locate a 70-year-old man who went missing.

Grandparents scammed out of $25,000 by caller pretending to be granddaughter

A DeLand couple was scammed out of $25,000 after they received multiple calls from scammers posing as legal representatives who were requesting help for their granddaughter's involvement in a bogus vehicular homicide incident.

71-year-old trailer park groundskeeper crushed, killed by tree limb

A 71-year-old man was killed in a tragic accident after he was crushed by a large tree limb while cutting trees at the trailer park for which he worked.
67 ° F
68.1 °
64.7 °
97 %
100 %
84 °
83 °
85 °
79 °
81 °