Two cats were rescued by emergency personnel after a fire tore through the garage of a home in Winter Springs.
Firefighters from the Seminole County Fire Department, Longwood Fire Department, and Sanford Fire Department were called to the scene of a home fire on Gatehouse Drive in Winter Springs on Friday, May 19.
Upon arrival, crews were able to contain the fire to the garage of the residence. During their sweep of the home, crews found and rescued two cats.
There were no injuries reported to any of the residents of the home. The American Red Cross of Central Florida was contacted and is currently assisting the residents.