A Vietnamese restaurant near downtown Orlando was forced to temporarily close its doors after a health inspector found roaches, rats, and other health code violations during a recent visit.
Pho Vinh, which is located at 657 Primrose Drive, was forced to close its doors on Thursday, February 23, after a health inspector from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation cited at least 17 health code violations.
According to the report, among the several high priority violations cited was the presence of roach activity, as evidenced by live roaches found in the middle of the cook line. Additionally, over sixty rat droppings were found around the kitchen.
During the inspection, a stop sale was issued on foods not being held at the appropriate temperature, including beef tripe, beef shank, beef tendon, and cooked pork in a pho cooler.
The business was permitted to reopen the following day, Friday, February 24, after a follow up inspection revealed only six remaining violations.