Winter Park Fire Rescue firefighters battled and subdued an RV fire that was raging on Thursday evening.
According to the department, the RV camper became engulfed in flames on the evening of Thursday, May 19. Authorities say no one was injured in the blaze and that firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before it spread to any homes in the community.
Department officials are taking the opportunity to remind the community that alarms, including ones placed in and around RVs, save lives.
“Smoke alarms should be placed on every level, near cooking areas, outside all sleeping quarters and placed high on a wall or ceiling, including your camper or RV,” reads a post from Winter Park Fire Rescue social media.